Friday, February 15, 2013

Canaletto Cowl... WIN

I love knitting. Love. I started knitting after I had hernia surgery (long story) and had to basically sit on my duff for 8 weeks. I was bored. I was depressed. I needed something to do. So I picked up some yarn, a set of needles, and a book. And an addiction was born. For my local friends, Bliss Yarns is the most amazing yarn store. All the ladies are so nice! They'll help you work through issues in your knitting, suggest beautiful yarns, and let you hang out and knit... It's what my heaven will look like. :)

So, I got tired of knitting scarves.. I love knitting them, they're fast and generally fun, but I was looking for a challenge. I found this beauty...


Courtesy of Tricksy Knitter



The canaletto cowl. She is lovely. I used Malbrigio Rios on mine. I did alter this pattern slightly. I took out much of the middle part in the interest of saving yarn. These are the rows I omitted:

Next row: *(K1, p1) 3 times, k16; rep from *.
Next row: *(P1, k1) 3 times, k16; rep from *.
Repeat these 2 rows 1 more time.

Work 6 rows in st st.


It turned out beautifully! It's fun and warm. And once you get the pattern down, it is incredibly easy! I am having so much fun knitting these days!

Here are pictures of my finished work! The light was odd when I shot these, the yarn is full of deep blues and greens.. But you get the idea. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment